Going through and answering these questions may help you in your decision making process. These questions can help you determine how you feel about different options and what sources of support are available to you.
A pregnancy options counselor can help you clearly define your answers and explore each of these options further with additional questions, information, and other resources.
- How will parenting change your current lifestyle and the goals you have for yourself?
- What barriers to parenting do you see?
- How might you handle these barriers so that you can parent?
- Have you spoken with your friends and family? Have they expressed support for you to parent?
- In what ways will they concretely assist you so that you can parent?
- What community resources are available to you?
- What does the father of this child think about parenting? Will he be involved?
- What is your biggest fear if you chose to parent?
- What do you know about adoption? What questions do you have?
- What losses can you identify with the choice of adoption?
- What are the pros and cons with choosing adoption that you can initially think of?
- What barriers are there to making an adoption plan?
- What does the father of this child think about adoption?
- Have you spoken with your friends and family? What have they expressed about this option?
- What is your biggest fear if you chose adoption?
- What do you know about abortion? What questions do you have?
- Do you know if it is still possible to have an abortion at the pregnancy stage you are currently at?
- Have you spoken with your friends and family? What do they say to you when you discuss this option?
- What barriers are there to terminating your pregnancy?
- Who will accompany you to have an abortion? Who can listen to you and support you?
- What is your biggest fear if you choose abortion?